View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 19:23   #9844
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Er - what is the problem? They bid for the rights and they pay more for them than Sky is willing to put up. Once in the market, Sky may or may not bid in the future - they have already confirmed they will not pay silly money to retain them.

Once out of the picture, the streaming services will fight amongst themselves. What will this do for prices charged to punters? Well, we will see, but I believe that certainly Amazon, with the advantage of its retail arm, will have tricks up its sleeve to keep prices lower than at present.

That will drive subscribers towards Amazon, forcing their competitors to offer similar lower prices. That will reduce the bids for Premiership rights. This may take a few years to play out, but I am convinced that the ultimate impact will be favourable for subscribers.
You keep talking about streamers without actually figuring out that many of these are actually owned by the very companies your trying to kill off. Sky's parent company (Comcast) already has Now TV , Peacock and NBC Sports streaming services. Sky already have many other Sporting rights quite a lot of key ones something DAZN does not in the UK no way does DAZN spend anything like what the current rights are at in my opinion.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote