View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 19:21   #9843
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I know jfman. It's crazy, isn't it?

Have you seen the Netflix figures? That company will never fly, will it?

DAZN? I'm sure it is dead in the water.

Any more economic predictions you can entertain us wth before we gst back to reality?
You are beyond parody, Old Boy. There used to be a vague semblance of something interesting in these posts, merely as a thought experiment more than anything else.

I'll continue to await the calculation on how a streamer raises and turns a profit on £5bn for Premiership football rights. I'm sure you'll tell me these people are geniuses, of course, but it was Sky who correctly predicted that none of them would enter the market for the first round of bids in 2019-22 and that the rights would go down in value.

What changes in 2022-25, other than the recession? If BT are right that the value of rights falls what makes Sky with it's customer base in place from day 1 less well placed than a streamer?
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote