View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 09:34   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: SHUB3 Puma Bug - TBB BQM Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The majority of 'normal' users won't have an issue with the Hub3 it does its intended purpose to get them on the internet wired/wireless, it is just users that want to play around with network settings or increase the wireless range that are not happy with it, although some gamers have said they have issue with it but other gamers say it is fine but that is the case for most ISP provided kit in my opinion.
I slightly disagree. I agree that that is pretty much the current state of affairs atm (which is ok) but it wasn't when it came out. Remember they had those hourly disconnects if you were connected to a certain brand of UBR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I'd be shocked of the Hub 4.0 isn't DOCSIS3.1 and I'd be even more shocked if that didn't cause it to have even more problems than usual, even before the 3.1 upgrades to the network are deployed.
yup. The most frustrating thing for me though is the stinky attitude. I am very laid back and forgiving if something is a genuine mistake or happened by accident however VM seem to make bad decisions on purpose and their approach is money first and customers second. They make each shub on the cheap, do laughable trials, ignore errors/bugs/feedback and then send it out to the general customer base knowing it doesn't do what it needs to, sometimes even as a necessity, and if your connection doesn't work then who cares. I hate being screwed over and I would have switched isp years ago out of principle, the only saving grace is modem mode. I can't be doing with uncertainty and sitting down for a game thinking "am I going to get through this or is my shub going to have a spazz fit and my connection drop?"
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote