View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 15:07   #5516
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
My point is they added BT sport in to a base pack. They should have added it to the Sports pack. BT will increase there price and the price of the base pack will increase to cover it. If its a sports channel then the cost should be in the pack you take for "sports channels". Increase the cost to those who watch it not those who do not.

I dont see why i should have to pay just because some want a channel cheaper by lumping it in a mainstream pack.

I have already made my mind up that as soon as the super league season ends i will cancel my Sky sports and only take it back on when the super league starts again. Should save me a far bit. BTW thats what choice allows you

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

I was commenting on BT sport being in the xl pack not pay tv as a whole
The XL (extra large) pack is the top pack, not the base pack. I guess Virgin know that putting BT Sport in the package will make them more money than if it didn't. That's capitalism and other providers are available.
I think the real issue at the moment and BTW one which we may agree on is that a lot of non-TV items like line rental have been substantially increased to cover the cost of sports rights, so everyone is paying for it. The only way round this is to take broadband from someone like the Post Office or Primus but these companies don't offer a TV platform.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But we don't actually know how many would buy a standalone package do we? even though many say they would not buy it.
We don't know but the pay TV companies will as they spend a bomb on research.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote