View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 12:20   #5507
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
BT are foolish - if they are considering charging for the season 16/17 onwards with roughly the same number of games albeit with CL football too, I can't see people will be willing to shell out extra after subscribing to Sky.

They should have taken at least half the packages to level out the playing field between the two and this would have been the only way for prices to stay the same come the new season. It's going to cost them as although CL is a lot more glitzy, how many PL teams actually take part in it - 4 at the most. Compare this to the 20 actually in the league.

I can see Virgin will lose BT and we will have to pay come next season. BT Sports will still be free for BT BB subscribers (or a nominal fee) which could tempt people across.
It's not that simple though, spanky. BT might well draw in less revenue without the wholesale deal with VM if they force us to pay for it separately because most of us won't.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
And that will push a lot of sports fans in to the hands of the box sellers on ebay

I know a person with one that pays £9.00 a month and gets more channels than i do paying VM top package

If my Sky sports goes up to much to pay for this then i will have to look at my options and see what works out best for me.
Yes, watching your fav teams down at the pub with Sky or BT looks like an option.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote