View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 10:03   #2247
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Can you prove it wouldn't be necessary at all? No. It was a global recession.
I said maybe. I know it was a global recession. My point is that we had no reserves to offset it. This was flagrant mismanagement of our economy by Labour, and what we would expect from them.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Deja Vu .. you have this thing about Mr Brown and his Gold. You were told a while back he did not sell "off our gold reserves".

You forgot to criticise the nice and responsible Banking sector, they are also culpable in this period.
Yes, he did sell off our gold reserves and then wasted all of the money that he could have put aside for events like this.

The banking sector was certainly not without its faults, but the government was responsible for the economy.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
So all the utilities are now free? Why didn't anyone tell me I've been paying direct debits all these years.
What he meant was that they were a drain on the economy, not on household budgets. I think you know that, though.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote