Old 26-10-2016, 00:35   #2232
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Theresa May’s hard line on immigration is what the public wants, poll shows

"The “hard Brexit” signalled by Theresa May may have spooked currency traders and heralded possible rising prices at the supermarket, but she has the backing of a majority of British people, according to a new poll. The results show that more than half of Britons think reducing immigration is more of a concern than keeping the benefits of single-market EU trade."

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/...ts-poll-shows/
Yes, I believe that not being able to control the quantity and quality of immigrants is the straw that broke the camel's back.

It wasn't too bad when people from countries similar to ours were coming over, but when the poorer countries joined it became a whole different ball game.

Afterwards the PC brigade tried to make out it was mainly about sovereignty, but most people I've spoken to think that uncontrolled immigration is the main problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I'm not interested in the EU full stop until they stop the march towards a united europe and federal state and that isn't going to happen because too many politicians want that regardless of what the people say or want. The EU does not listen nor does it take the views of it's citizens into account on policy and that's why it's falling apart, more and more people across the EU are seeing the endgame and they don't want it. If the EU gave up it's federal dream and went back to being a purely trade alliance I'd be happy for us to remain but if that happened would i trust it no probably not as that federal dream seems hard coded in some politicians and will never fully die.
The EU appear to be out of touch, arrogant, controlling and aloof.

I think that the UK leave vote has been a kick up the bottom that they needed and will encourage other countries to speak out about their concerns.

If the problems are resolved to our Governments satisfaction, I can see us staying in partly or fully, perhaps after another referendum to try to obtain the approval of the electorate first.