View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 17:06   #26
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: VM loses UKTV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I can't get freeview unless I get an arial put on the house, which my council will be hared to get them to agree.

I watch alibi for Murdoch Mysteries & the new series of Death in Paradise wchich is due to start on the 8th Aug.

I found after a brief search the ability to stream it.

But would prefer the HD channel

I tried to look into NowTV but that doesn't say what channels you get for free.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/uktv-...s-axe-12953192
You don't get any Now TV live channels free unless you have a Freeview aerial and use a Now TV Smart box which will get you all the Freeview channels.
You can get various mainstream broadcaster apps on any of the Now TV boxes free which includes the UKTV app however that will only include on demand content from Dave, Really, Yesterday and Drama,
however even if you don't subscribe to Now TV you will have to register an account and payment card with them to get any of their devices working.

I can't help thinking this situation will be resolved very quickly, VM will not want to lose those channels and UKTV will not want to lose the carriage fees, but if its not a quick resolution then UKTV should be allowed to develop apps for Tivo and V6 so the content remains available to VM customers but UKTV takes the advertising and or subscription revenues and the responsibility for maintaining those apps.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote