Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 13:38   #4466
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As for why the Chicago Tribune hasn’t complied ... why should it? It isn’t a European company and is entitled to decide it’s more trouble than it’s worth.
It's not hard for them to comply. I can't think what issues they would run into serving articles and if they didn't want to comply with how they hold personal data then simply forbid European Users from having an account.

The only issue I can think of is Facebook or other very personalised tracking cookies, which can be dealt with either by not serving those plugins outside the United States or by having the ol' 'This Website has Cookies please accept blah blah blah'.

My guess is they weren't sure what to do.