Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:45   #7497
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
If you think something is going to be a disaster for your country wouldn't you be a traitor to blithely go along with it
It all depends on your viewpoint/definition of a 'disaster'.

To some people, a disaster is having to pay 30p more for a bottle of wine, needing a visa to travel abroad, or seeing a shortage of broccoli at Christmas.

To others, disaster is seeing your town decimated by the local industries/factories closing and re-opening in a country where the labour and costs are much cheaper.

I think previous Governments have a lot to answer for, and many 'leave' voters were probably of a mind where being in the EU was already a 'life changing' disaster for them and their families/community

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, or wishing to start more silly arguements involving statistics, JLR, Dyson et al. Just saying that for some people a fresh start probably gives them better hope for the future than continuing in a downward spiral.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Do any of the contractors have ships just idly sitting around? I doubt it. Therefore none of any contractors will have available ships.

*apparently* when we bomb out of the EU we won't have any trade deals, so there should be a surplus of available ships