View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 13:09   #113
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Avengers: Endgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Contracts between distributors and cinema chains are very complicated things though, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a clause specifying what the distributor gets paid when an Odeon Limitless member shows up.
funny you should say that because there was a big who ha for The Last Jedi when tickets went up for pre-booking. I think they went up about 7 weeks early and were obviously going to sell out very quickly for the midnight premiere. Normally when you book your tickets you go through to the summary screen for payment and there is a line for each ticket you have booked and the cost and there is an option you can select for "use limitless" which zeros off the cost for one ticket.

For the first 3 days the tickets were on sale for TLJ that option wasn't there. Odeon ended up sending all Limitless customers an email apologising saying it was a technical glitch and they had fixed it but when I spoke to one of the cinema staff about it shortly afterwards and he said it was Disney who refused to pay for it. Out of all the films I have been to see as a Limitless customer (which is tonnes) it was the first time I had the problem and I haven't had it since. The system must work for them though, I think it is coming up to its 3rd anniversary next month and they continue to advertise it to death every time you go to the cinema so they can't be losing money on it. Because my cinema is one of the most expensive in the country it works out for me that as soon as I go twice a month I am saving money. Limitless membership is £18/month and on average tickets are £12/£13. I go to the cinema pretty much every week based on my film list for the year (and I would do even if I didn't have Limitless) so I save a fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
When you attend the cinema presumably you still get a paper ticket to gain entry. Is there a face value on it?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote