Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 13:10   #1582
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I retract my ‘sound assessment’ accolade. You’ve named names and you have to be sure of the accusation you are making.

In the case of John Redwood, being independently wealthy does not make him a poor representative MP. I’ve known him for 32 years and he is as dedicated to his constituents as he is to Brexit (albeit Wokingham voted Remain).

Most if not all MPs want their slice of power. It’s a pity that power doesn’t reside in more competent people.

The people of this country might be fickle and stupid enough to give Corbyn the largest number of seats in an election. Tragedy is lurking and it’s not to be laid at the door of the people you;be named.
The register of members interests will show that, all of those I've named, make far more from outside activity than they do from being an MP. I don't think that's an astonishing accusation in any way. It's a matter of public record.

Being a rational capitalist that I am if I had two jobs and one paid me four times the other, regardless of time commitment required, I know which I'd have more 'focus' on when it came to legislating on economic matters.