Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 12:46   #1581
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Okay I shouldn't have made such a sweeping generalisation. I think enough are that at risk Tories from a Brexit party and at risk Labour MPs in majority leave voting constituencies.

I don't think that the Rees-Moggs, Redwoods, Johnsons, Goves, Raabs of this world are in politics to make the world a better place. All of them are independently wealthy and on the payroll of think-tanks, newspapers, etc. Johnson himself described the £100 000 financial interest in a flat he has as "chicken feed" - one can only assume he thinks the same of his backbench MP salary?
I retract my ‘sound assessment’ accolade. You’ve named names and you have to be sure of the accusation you are making.

In the case of John Redwood, being independently wealthy does not make him a poor representative MP. I’ve known him for 32 years and he is as dedicated to his constituents as he is to Brexit (albeit Wokingham voted Remain).

Most if not all MPs want their slice of power. It’s a pity that power doesn’t reside in more competent people.

The people of this country might be fickle and stupid enough to give Corbyn the largest number of seats in an election. Tragedy is lurking and it’s not to be laid at the door of the people you;be named.

My advice is at your risk.