Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 10:30   #879
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
So, long extension, Soft Brexit with possible confirmatory public vote ahead. GE also on the table now.

I saw Steve Brine on TV just now and now he is released from the shackles of Government, he is saying that TM should have reached out for a consensus in Parliament 2 years ago. Ouch ..

I have previously thought that JC is just a clueless clown but maybe I was wrong? He is nearer a GE now more than ever and when this happens, who do the disenfranchised centre ground voters choose? A Tory Party led by a Hard Brexiter like Johnson/Raab or Labour party promising a Soft brexit or No Brexit at all. I think that many will hold their nose and vote Labour.

The Tory brand is so damaged now: so many will not forgive them. This includes the hard core Leavers who will feel betrayed and the tribal Tory voters who cannot believe that their party have come to this
I think the new polls are starting to validate this possible future. I said right at the beginning of this journey: Vote Brexit, Get Corbyn and this may yet play out.

The Tory (and to a lesser extent Labour) brand is so damaged that anything is possible now. Cameron may go down in history as not only as the man who inflicted Brexit on the country but as the man who broke his party in the process. Not a bad day's work!