Thread: General Expiring Bundle Discount
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2021, 20:05   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Expiring Bundle Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1973 View Post
I'm having trouble renegotiating my Dad's TV package. He's in his mid 70's and slightly forgetful and is still using the old TiVo and I can't get down to him to set up the V6 due to lockdown, but he is paying £95 just for full house TV and it will be nearly £100 quid with the price rise. Because it is a legacy package, no available alternative packages appear on their system in retentions. In effect, he is being penalised for never phoning them and has just paid the annual increase. I'm trying to remove Asian Mela, Sky Cinema and Kids Picks and I've now spent 5 hours on the phone to 4 operatives that promise me a call back and none of them have. I'm just going to cancel and go to BT where his BB & Phone is. He only wants Sky & BT Sport for the football. How hard can it be. Thinking of making an official complaint, but don't know how to go about it. Surely technical can manually add or remove services with relative ease if the "system" can't cope with it? They promise a call back and then don't. Only canceliing his DD will work I suppose. I'm paying £85 for 350BB, Maxit TV with Sky Sports HD and weekend calls. Can't believe he is being fleeced, and retentions can't do a discounted deal for 25 years loyalty back to the ntl days... Sigh..
Whatever you do, don't cancel the direct debit. That could land your Dad in a lot of trouble.