View Single Post
Old 23-10-2021, 12:17   #10
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is this similar to VM O2's upcoming IPTV box?

It's something I'd consider in the future - depending on cost and availability for existing customers. I've just renewed my Sky Q contract but, for the first time, questioned whether I needed it. In terms of regular viewing, we're watching more and more Netflix and Disney+, with the odd Sky series and the rest is mainly FTA channels. Stream sounds ideal - voice control for my 6yo, the ability to dip in and out of Sky content as and when desired(assuming the entertainment channels are included), apps aggregated on one device. The drawbacks at present - no Disney+ and no recording/cloud storage (Harry Potter films are very popular in my house and we rely on ITV recordings.)

This could be VM fighting back against the likes of Now and the rumoured Sky IPTV box. There's a risk that VM broadband customers not wanting a full TV package sign up to Now TV and Sky are able to cross-sell their own broadband product. This is my supposition - I've no idea how big such an issue might be, but good to see VM developing this new product and I'd like to get my hands on one and find out more about it (I wasn't eligible for the trial because I have a VM phone line, which doesn't make sense to me but hey ho.)

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It says in that report that you can add and remove content monthly which is true but it all also requires the 30 day notice to remove it again which sucks. Only way to get it for just a month is to add it and then put the notice in the same time
Hopefully it'll be a similar solution to Now, where you can add and remove content through your online account, making it a little easier.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote