View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 17:21   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...CMP=GTUK_email

Rationed NHS? Not what was envisioned by the originators of the NHS.
And this is on top of the recent cutbacks of medication available on prescription. I now have to buy two of my medications myself.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I have never been called for my 5 yearly Health MOT by our GP. This should include a PSA test for prostate cancer. He thinks it is "unnecessary" despite him being paid to provide the service.

Over the years GPs here have also withdrawn minor surgeries (splinter extraction, cysts drainage, etc.), wart and verruca treatments, lice and headlice treatments, ingrowing toenail treatment, podiatry for the disabled, old or infirm, etc. etc. And now there are no walk-in consultations, just an appointment system with no evening or weekend cover, and neither for 2 afternoons per week.

And now they want to opt-out of out-of-hours cover and most home visits, demanding "another body" be set up to do it all instead.

And yet I suspect their pay will not drop a penny...
Isn't the NHS now primarily run by GP's? The same GP's who I am led to believe start on £1,000 a week, rising to at least £2,000 a week with many earning much more.

Yes, they do an essential job and have studied/worked hard to get where they are, but it sticks in my throat a bit to have these people on this sort of money telling me (and those much less able to afford it) that due to austerity they now have to purchase some of their own medicine.

I suspect them taking a 1% pay cut (small change to them after paying less tax/NI) would negate the need for these further cuts, but that's not going to happen is it.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote