View Single Post
Old 29-03-2018, 10:56   #1252
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Many small organisations don't have websites, Andrew, so they have to resort to printing and delivering door to door. You cannot deny with any credibility that we have to be able to prove consent, and this means we have to get people to accept in writing.

I am livid about this whole thing and I dare say that I have alerted people reading this thread to the insidious way in which EU bureaucracy is creeping into our lives, making innovation seem to be more trouble than it's worth.

It's not sticking up for the little guy. It's making life a misery for voluntary and charitable organisations, clubs and SMEs. The little guy gets bombarded with conditions every time he/she signs up for a service. I know for a fact that most people sign up without reading these terms because they are pages and pages long. All the bureaucracy achieves nowt.

Anyway, you are never going to admit that this is OTT, but I hope I have got my point across to others. And if anyone reading this finds that they may be affected by this because they hold personal data, don't just accept Andrew's soothing words. Don't be complacent - go to the ICO website and read it for yourself.
Maybe think in 21st century manner and put it on a Google doc and make it public. Think creatively and try and reduce the costs for your members. Don't gold plate your privacy statement, a few sentences will do.
Everyone else has tried to point out your misinterpretation so I'm quite happy if you take Hugh's word or Jon's instead.
You're livid because you're misunderstanding things. Please save your members time and money by connnecting more with the ICO and less with your anti-EU prejudices.
You also seem to have forgotten that legitimate use over rules consent. Or is this an inconvenient truth?