Thread: General Streaming using powerlines
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2018, 11:54   #9
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Streaming using powerlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Assuming you to be in router mode, the AE router and the first Powerline would be connected to the hub. No other Powerline would be connected directly to the hub. The first Powerline delivers data to the Tivo via the electrical mains and the other Powerline adaptor. I.e., the Tivo is connected to the hub.

As regards the main TV pixellation, that signal is fed from the coax cable in the same way as the hub's Internet signal is fed from the coax cable. Either the cable has worked loose and needs screwing in tightly, or there is a circuit impairment, like noise, outside your control. The technician would need to fix that.

Presumably you get full speed on your broadband all the time?
I think I misread your post yesterday, didn't realise that AE meant my Apple router.
Am more confused today. Had an engineer round, was hoping he would move the superhub downstairs but he just checked all the connections and recommended we go out and buy a gaming router in addition to using the Apple router. He said only Apple products can connect through an Apple router, although I've never read anything that confirms that.

I did go down to PC World to try to buy one, but the guy there said he didn't think the information we had been given was correct and to get back to VM. Meanwhile the internet has gone down 3 times this morning and the V6 box keeps going off. Am on hold to CS right now, but wish I had kept my old set up as really don't know how to fix this
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote