Thread: General Streaming using powerlines
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2018, 11:42   #5
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Streaming using powerlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
To be clear, if you are feeding both the first Powerline and the AE from the hub, then you are NOT in modem mode.

The following should work:

1. Buy an additional PLW1200 (with power pass-through) and place it close to the V6 box.

2. Connect the V6 box to Powerline and turn V6 wireless off.

As regards pixellation - if that occurs when streaming between Tivo & V6, then the WiFi is causing that.

If pixellation occurs when watching normal TV through either the V6 or the Tivo, then the content is being served by the Virgin Media Coax and there is either a circuit fault or some form of circuit congestion.
I'm only connecting one of the powerlines directly to the hub, the other is from the back of the TIVO box and then into the mains socket, although as the TIVO box is wired I assume that makes them both connected to the hub, or not, I really am getting lost with this!

The pixellation isn't happening when I am streaming, just happens on the main TV that is connected to the V6 box and quite often the red lights come on the box and I can't use catch up services. Maybe they will hardwire the box when they come tomorrow and that might help
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote