Thread: Smart meters
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:51   #46
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Smart meters

We've had a smart meter fitted and our electricity usage has increased by 50%. My wife has daily figures back over many years, gas, electricity and solar generation.

On the day of installation we had a huge peak (15kWh). Our normal usage over the weeks before and after the installation date was around 6kWh rising to 9kWh since installation.

We've had a electrician check the wiring but British Gas don't seem to interested. Pass me from smart meter tech support to billing to solar FIT (not their problem) and so on. They will check meter but will charge me if it's OK.

Apparently the installer told my wife the meter now monitors all usage. If it measures power we use from the solar panels it 1)shouldn't or 2)should have mechanism to subtract export from generated and take that off our bills. This latter would need to be done when we send in the FIT reading but from last payment they are still estimating the export.