View Single Post
Old 27-11-2018, 16:29   #1
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
HP laserjet 5 Print server.

Greetings;

Its been a while since I've been on the forum - hopefully the local expertise hasn't dwindled over the years.

Have recently been upgraded to a VM super hub 3 and presently connected to this are the VM V6 Tivo box and my PC - both of which are hard wired via Ethernet cables.

I've connected (via Ethernet) the hub to an HP laserjet 5 installed with a print server interface. Using the hub's DCHP option I cannot get it to see the print server even though both the hub and the print server ports indicate (via the leds) that there's a connection between the two - the hub's having none of it.

In addition, (as I know the MAC address of the print server), I've even tried to configure this manually - to no avail. I can see the PC and V6 interfaces on the system but cannot get same to recognise the print server.

The print server card fitted to the printer is an EMULEX NETJET ER2010293-05D. Sadly there doesn't appear to be any documentary info on this card available on the net- so if anyone out there has a manual for the above perhaps they can enlighten me as to the jumper settings/configuration accordingly?

Can anyone provide constructive help on how I may address the problem?

Regards

Chris D
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote