View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 22:49   #48
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Official Star Wars Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think as well, people weren't happy with the Rose character in TLJ and then also incensed that she was notably missing for most or Rise. However that was due to her sharing a lot of her screen time with Leia in the base, but of course much of that was scrubbed due to the passing of Carrie Fisher. Abrahams himself confirmed that in a recent interview.

Yes there are a few plot holes remaining and a dw little niggles I had with the full trilogy,but at the end of the day, they are minor things and do not stop me enjoying the 3 films.
Nail. Head. Hit. Where The Rise of Skywalker comes across as just a little imbalanced, it’s much more likely due to their having to repurpose unused Leia/Rey footage rather than any awkward rewrites intended to mollify fanboys.

I actually don’t think Abrams is in the business of fan service ... his alternate timeline explainer for Star Trek was a sop to fans, but it never properly accounted for all the differences in his Star Trek universe, which ultimately were there because Abrams knows how to tell a blockbusting good story and he knew that objective was impossible within the established continuity of the TV series. So I don’t think he wrote Rose out because she wasn’t popular with a bunch of misogynistic, basement dwelling internet nerds; I absolutely agree that in the ensemble piece TROS was always intended to be, her place was always going to be an engineering role at the resistance base with Leia, which inevitably curtailed her appearance due to Carrie Fisher’s untimely death.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote