View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 18:33   #231
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Instead of being called Talktalk, it'll be Walkwalk soon. The company is finished in my opinion. If the share price continues to fall it will cease to be a FTSE250 company and all the fund managers will pull out of it, thus sinking the share price further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
VF sacked off launching their own PayTV service because it was a pain in the arse to run, cancelled at considerable cost getting out of the carriage agreements.

VF is already prepped for 5G, money ready and waiting to be spent. You forget VF has about £72bn on its balance sheet waiting to be spent, its not like they don't have the means to do it.

I don't disagree with anything you say, it just comes down to money if I'm honest. TT is easier to justify given its relatively cheap price but also crucially its customer base which is comparable to VM. Vodafone has its own large fibre network which would integrate well with TT, so infrastructure side I don't think thats a worry.

VM is a more advanced company that is true, it is well established and has a proper solid quadplay offering. I just don't think Vodafone is readsy to splash the £15bn+ on one market alone, given they already have a sizable foothold and a rapidly growing broadband customer base.

I just think VM will cost too much, its a prize asset, just not one VF needs.
As to the comments about Vodafone buying Talktalk, why bother now, in light of this latest news? They'll just let it collapse and get it for next to nothing. I reckon Vodafone are keeping hold of all that dosh, because they regret pulling out of America, so they might re-merge with Verizon at some point.

I was unaware Vodafone had cancelled their tv plans, thanks for highlighting that here. Are there any articles available to read about why they did this? If they were about to merge with VM, then fair enough, but that doesn't look likely at the moment.