View Single Post
Old 29-01-2018, 22:04   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Broadband constantly dropping in and out

cool, we needed to first ascertain whether it was your wan connection (actual internet connection) going down or whether it was just the wireless on the shub playing up. You would not believe how many times people say their internet connection is down when it is actually up and working perfectly and it is just flakey wireless.
There are two things you need to do next; we need to see when the connection is going down and what could be causing it.

1) To see when it is going down and how long for you need to set up a thinkbroadband ping monitor. Basically it sends signals to the shubs all the time and logs when it cant (so you know your connection is down). You get a graph which looks like this:

If you experience any down time it will appear as a solid red line on the graph. It is easy peasy to set up a monitor/graph, have a look here. You will need to know what your ip address is and you can find that out here. When you have got it set up can you click on the share live graph button and copy and paste the code in here. You will have a graph which looks like mine above but it will update in real time so we can see if you connection goes down.

2) The next thing we need to do is have a look at the some of the diagnostic stats and data on the shub to see if there is an obvious problem with your connection. For that you need to access the shub's gui on http://192.168.0.1 and do the following:

If you can copy that info in those screens/take screen shots and post them back in here it will be great. My reward for being a good Samaritan this evening is that by taking new screen shots for you I have just discovered that I am now on 24 downstreams and 4 upstreams
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote