View Single Post
Old 31-01-2022, 07:02   #293
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
Thats an awfully broad brush to be painting across entire groups of people, they do have to follow UK laws on consumer rights regardless of where they are based. I don't think its like that at all and I work with colleagues in those countries along with Egypt.
They may be supposed to adhere to UK laws, but at some companies they don't, in my experience. They just blindly read off a script without any thought or common sense. Appalling English skills play a part too.

They will often refer to vague policies/procedures that they have to follow yet, when pressed, are unable to expand further. Often their responses are just meaningless waffle that don't bear any resemblance to what has actually been asked.

When pressed further, they start unprofessionally ignoring customers either out of rudeness or because they simply don't know what to say.

They often have no comprehension of UK laws, try to manipulate people, blatantly tell lies or mislead people to achieve the outcome that they want. I've previously given examples of what staff working on behalf of Virgin have done to support my view.

Another example is Uber Eats staff (maybe this is a policy introduced by management, nobody knows because you can't get a sensible response out of them) are now saying that, after an undisclosed number of issues, they outright won't refund for missing products or orders! This is totally against the law and there s no transparency at all.

Even forwarding on a copy of the actual legislation to show them that what they are doing or not doing is against the law is met with their usual nonsense in return.

They tried it with me until their CEO received a solicitors letter. If you do a search under 'Uber Eats won't refund me', there are plenty of other cases. Some have even had to go to the Small Claims Court or do a Chargeback via their bank to obtain a refund!

Requests to speak to a manager are either inored, discouraged or needs repeated requests. Then, you find that the 'manager' isn't a manager at all, but simply another member of frontline staff. If they are a manager, they are seldom any more knowledgeable or professional than those working under them. You can add Amazon, Deliveroo, Just Eat, Samsung etc to those that behave like this.

In the case of Samsung, I wanted details of how to factory reset a tablet. The idiot on live chat wanted me to pay to send it back to them as a repair! I've had better quality conversations with toddlers- in all seriousness.

If the people that you work with aren't like this, that's great to hear. Maybe it's different across various industries, I really don't know.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 31-01-2022 at 07:31.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote