View Single Post
Old 24-07-2008, 19:26   #12656
Peter N

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin L-Smythe View Post
If you don't use traceroute from time to time being a BT customer how will you tell which RAS your info is passing through I disagree if this is not monitored regularly how will BT customers know if there has been a redirection every other route of mine goes to Ealing RAS which has been used for Phorm trials in the past so presumably some stuff is still there.IMHO it is the alertness and knowledge of the techies that has so far prevented BT starting there long awaited trials,and it is from them we may learn.Remember this kit is already installed an we only have the word of some untrustworthy people that we will be informed of any implementation.to my mind this is far more relevant than share prices.
It's not a matter of not checking - it's about whether or not these checks need to be discussed on this thread unless and until something is discovered that relates to Phorm.

So far all this proves is that the internet is not a simple connection and that any redirection due to Webwise is no better or worse than "normal" internet use. Constantly posting proof that Phorm and BT are actually doing anything wrong at the moment is not my idea of a strong argument and risks giving Kent exactly what he wants.

It's about as useful in context as a long and winding discussion about internet advertising in general - an interesting topic that indirectly links to Phorm but not one for this thread unless it is a bit more specific.

This does not need to become and argument about which information is important ot more important than others. It's about whether anything in those traces is relevent or has any connection with Phorm, Webwise or OIX.

Please don't make this into a techy versus non-techy issue as that will only cause in-fighting.