Old 20-12-2017, 16:05   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: UK call centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

And before it gets suggested that I'm racist, my son is half Indian.

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

Never had an issue when I get through to the UK.
Thought of this post at lunchtime whilst listening to the Radio 4 programme 'You and Yours'. They featured a case where a customer rang them to see where his item was and they insisted it was showing as delivered, which he disputed.

Shortly afterwards he started receiving coded death threats from them via email. When he rang them to complain, they just treated it as if it was a routine query!

He said that he didn't believe that she understood the seriousness of what he was saying and asked her to repeat what he'd said back to him and she put the phone down!

I'm afraid I would have contacted the police.

It does beg the question as to how safe our private details are with these offshore call centres. After I gave a CS rep a poor rating, she had the cheek to ring me to complain!!

When I said that this was not appropriate it later transpired that she'd closed my account out of spite, though it was sorted out after I complained,

Mysteriously the card details (that I only use for Amazon) were then used by someone to try and order goods in my name to be delivered in London, but thankfully I put a stop to it as I regularly check my credit report.

I know from people that have worked in call centres in the UK that security procedures are put in place eg they aren't allowed to have pens and paper whilst working, but our private details seem to be fair game with some of these people.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote