Thread: 200M Hub 3 upgrade offer
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:39   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Hub 3 upgrade offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcarter View Post
Would you care to share your reasoning for this advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheToaster View Post
Avoid the Hub3 like the plague.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I listened to it as well. I had a tech visit back in August and was offered a shub3 and I flat out refused it because of the alleged latency issues but I ended having to have one anyway when I upgraded to 350mbits a few weeks later.

I am an avid first person shooter and a really poor loser so I would be at the front of the line complaining if the shub3 affected my gaming performance in any way and it really doesn't. Yes my TBB graph sucks and looks awful but it doesn't affect anything I do and the ping I get when I do speed tests is mint.

To provide a balanced argument for you consider this: there are/were a tonne of people in the VM forum moaning their asses off about this saying it was ruining their gaming lives so VM recently released an update purporting to fix this issue. A member of this forum (cableforum) who works for VM and it is a networking god said that the update is a joke and doesn't actually fix the problem, it just fakes the result and makes it looks like the latency issue isn't there. Despite this, now all the moaners on the VM forum are hailing it as a miracle and the amazing difference it has made to their connection when in actual fact it hasn't done anything at all.

I honestly believe the majority people believe there is an issue because they want to and it isn't actually there. Those that do have an issue will probably be suffering from congestion and attributing it to the shub3 because the graph is a problem they can see.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote