Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 15:33   #39
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
History tells us that more competition means higher prices as established broadcasters strive to retain the rights they have and new broadcasters try to break into the market (as shown by the rocketing prices as sky and BT battle for the rights)

As for the argument that there may be extra games broadcast which will be a bonus - it is only a bonus if they are free - which I seriously doubt.

I believe you can buy day tickets to sky if you wish and cannot afford the monthly subs, so you already have your wish.
Competition will ultimately bring prices down. We are likely to start seeing that within the next five years, I would say.

I disagree with your point about the extra matches. They are additional to what you have now and so if you want to pay more to view extra matches, of course that's a bonus. At least that provides additional choice.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote