Thread: Mod tests.
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 18:48   #32
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Mod tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I was amazed when I read about these recent switches, I thought all the HD on satellite was on S2 rather than S. Particularly with Freesports as that's so recent.

I think S2 was part of the Generation 1 specs for HD on Freesat and Sky's HD boxes have always met the spec too, so surprising. I can understand it from the point of view of the satellite operators though, S2 boxes are backwards compatible and S can hold MPEG4 streams as I understand it, so given the cost of satellites (to launch) just keep the status quo for as long as is practical.
It’s not really convenient for the satellite operator (in fact S2 lets them squeeze out more bandwidth to sell) but if you are say Channel 5 it might suit you to just throw an HD channel in with your existing SD channels that are on a DVB-S transponder.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote