View Single Post
Old 13-08-2019, 10:22   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media UK Make Changes to Protect 100,000 Vulnerable Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Wonder how/if they are going to ask for proof of unemployment/disability? What level of disability qualifies ? How will they know if you become employed again ? They aren't the DHSS !

Sounds like corporate BS that looks good in their annual report, but very few will actually claim/qualify. Its also an admission that they vastly overcharge many customers.
I agree. All they seem to be doing is putting vulnerable customers onto a better available package, whilst this is better than the status quo, they will still be being penalised because they won't achieve as good a price as those of us who are able to negotiate.

I assume that they will identify vulnerable customers by cross referencing with their database of priority repair customers (like myself).

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
What about the rest of their customers ? Very poor
I think that the idea is to help (or appear to help) vulnerable customers who are unable to carry out their day to day affairs efficiently due to age, disability etc.

You make a good point though, what about those that are able to manage their own affairs, but are just too busy due to work etc?

Presumably they will be using software to identify customers on their legacy packages, so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement for everybody.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote