Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 13:39   #105
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

We had a couple of notified outages earlier this week. I checked with techinical support who said they were nothing to do with the fixed IP problem. They said they had no specific release date for the release of a rollout of the firmware to fix it, only a date of "Q1" which he said could roll till the end of March. He suggested I fill in an official complaint form on the web to get a confirmed date.

Today I had a call from UK customer service, first trying to get me to switch to the dynamic address which is not what I want. He then told me we had been notified of some maintenance on the 24th and that was to fix the "fixed IP" issue. This guy was not technical and went into b*llsh*t mode when I questioned how an upgrade to a server in Perry Barr was going to fix the problem that seemed to need a Hitron firmware change. He could not tell me.

I guess the Perry Barr server may be part of the issue. Perhaps the triallists do not go through it? Anyway let's see what happens on the 24th but I suspect the Hiton firmware may come later than that.
APS is offline   Reply With Quote