Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 15:31   #102
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

What a shame I didn't check the internet before deciding my office broadband should be upgraded from the 152meg dynamic service to the 350meg static IP service. The attraction was the increased upload with static IP a bonus as we are seeing more VPN type connectivity.

The install of replacement Hitron Virgin Media Router was fine on Monday. Since then the upload has been as expected, around the 20meg mark. But frequently speed tests show we don't even get the 20 meg as a download.

As others have posted the static IP implementation seems to be very flawed. Having spoke to the techy VM faults team they remain amazed VM are still selling it, especially without warnings. I'm told they get about 5% of customers having a problem. That is a lot.

I'm now waiting for a downgrade to dynamic IP to be implemented, and then I'll revert to a DDNS type system to track possible IP changes. Far from ideal but for our current use it's workable. But really static IPs on a business service should be common place, and not rocket science.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote