View Single Post
Old 18-11-2016, 13:04   #54
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
So you may be missing something completely and will never figure out how it gets over the road if it's all been resurfaced since.
That's a fair point.

In this case, it's an A-road with quite tall grass on both sides (possibly hiding a chamber on the far side), I think I can vaguely remember an NTL van being on the headend side of the road in a specific place during the late 90s while driving past and there's actually an earthy scar there that goes over the mound away from the road between the trees if you look far back enough on street view. Through the trees on the other side of that, there is a catv chamber in the footpath with tracks leading back in the direction of the hedge by the road and also back down the footpath to town.

Although the road has been resurfaced and you can't see anything crossing it, on the other side of the road there is some kind of chamber but it's too buried with grass to see whether it's BT or CATV and it's on a busy road - no way I'm interested enough to risk walking down there.

After a run of a few metres next to the road, a vague scar (in street view going back in time) which sweeps around and up over the other embankment, right where there is ducting in a cul-de-sac the other side of the trees.

It's highly likely that it crosses the road there - but the microwave tower had me curious since it does seem to have CATV equipment there. That might just be for the mobile tower links, however. I didn't think STM-1 would have the bandwidth to carry a signal for an area with 4 - 6 nodes in it.

Last edited by Onramp; 18-11-2016 at 13:13.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote