View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:01   #1821
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Sounds like my TV is the same as your old one. It is a 9 year old Samsung plasma 768p HD ready, that manages to upscale and downscale usually fine. I do probably need to upgrade to a modern swish full HD/UHD led, but cant justify the cost yet until this one dies and its still going strong! Damn! LOL!
Quite.

Our Bravia was 10+ years old before it finally failed. There wasn't going to be regular UHD content, so there was no need for replacing with UHD screen, especially when UHD doesn't come in screens that small (not that I call it small), and a bigger than 32 inch screen wouldn't suit the living room. So we decided to save money on a replacement and just get an HD screen. It made sense to get a Full HD one rather than another in-between one, so we did upgrade. The funniest bit was the progress in LCD technology meant the new 32 inch screen was much smaller than the old one, simply because the screen frame was much smaller...and the unit much thinner too. So the added benefit was the living room felt bigger!

The replacement was a third of the £ of the original, and that's not inflation adjusted.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote