Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 19:50   #269
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
(Feel free to correct me on dates).
I will

Quote:
I think DOCSIS3 launched around 2008?
I pretty sure it was 2007 or maybe even 2006. I remember being one of the very first customers on it and at launch it was completely stm free which was unheard of back then. It was an incentive to get people to upgrade and move over to docsis 3 because the old network was on it's last legs and they were dying to give it some relief. They quickly changed their tune after a few months and new subscribers were hit with stm. I got away with it for about a year I think and then they forced it on me as well. I remember being on 50mbits with my ambit 300 for a long time, managed to keep in 2008 ish for 100mbits and then when 120 came out in 2010 I was forced onto a shub. Luckily by then modem mode was available.

Quote:
(though I don't know how much of that work has already been done)
I was under the impression they have been working on this for the last year or so and all the necessary hardware is in place on the network and now it is just a case of sorting out the cpe.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote