View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 13:27   #6172
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

As per another forum member, the Amazon Prime video app will be closing on 26/9/19 on some Sony TV's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector;d-2349004
Recently learned this via a message on bedroom TV (KDL-26EX553). Researching the matter it seems that Sony TVs using the Android operating system are unaffected but those using Sony's own OS will soon lose it.
Users in the US, if they registered their TV with Sony, are perhaps surprisingly being sent a voucher for a significant discount on a Firestick but no sign of this for us - at least I haven't despite being registered with Sony.
Although a bit annoying, I'm not really moaning as TV is 7 years old, has a DVB-T2 tuner and works perfectly. As it already has a NowTV box attached I'll change that for a Roku express rather than adding a Firestick.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
...As far as the UKTV channels are concerned, I have heard that the BBC-owned ones might be closing soon, but it may just be a rumour. They will go eventually, though, of that I am certain.
I can't see that happening. These channels make money that is ploughed back into making new programmes. The BBC also appear to be expanding the UKTV channels that they ended up with as Drama +1 is again testing on satellite.