View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 16:07   #6167
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Why would a company who does streaming and linear have to pay for rights twice?

I'm unsure if you are deliberately misrepresenting points or whether you are genuinely incapable of understanding them.
My understanding is that if a channel has the right to screen a programme on a tv channel, it has to pay more to screen it on demand.

Similarly, I guess that if you have the right to add a programme to a streaming service, you will need to pay more to show it on the TV channel. Is that not correct, then? I think it is.

There is no deliberate misrepresentation on my part, but glad to be corrected if I'm wrong.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
According to you its you who knows everything and nobody else knows nothing...
No, I'm just looking at the facts and drawing obvious conclusions.

You seem to look at every prediction for the future and assume nothing will change.

I accept that's what you think, Den. I just don't agree with you.

We are just having a conversation. I don't mind if you disagree, as long as it's not just to cause an argument.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Like a lot of the content is available on the UKTV channels or platforms like Sky have deals with the BBC for Boxsets of its content.
There is a lot of archive material that will be on Britbox that is not available anywhere else.

As far as the UKTV channels are concerned, I have heard that the BBC-owned ones might be closing soon, but it may just be a rumour. They will go eventually, though, of that I am certain.