Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 19:37   #244
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
No it doesn't tell you what to put into the calculator which means you simply just ignored the FUP and did what you wanted anyway even though you knew there was some kind of FUP in place. That's listed in the terms for the oomph bundle. Did you receive the welcome text that stated about the FUP when switching your phone on in Greece?

He has already gave you incorrect information regarding the sims. Using the calculator, £25 for 50GB gies you a limit of 10.74GB, not 40GB like you are stating.

I hate to question someone who is supposed to have superior knowledge on the products they sell, but I'm still not convinced. Everything in black and white points to a FUP on roam like home be it unlimited or not. I also want to know why you think your unlimited sim is better than the £32 unlimited sim. They are both unlimited sums.

Have you got all of this in writing? I'd be asking for documentation before trying this again.
You are finding this hard to accept aren't you?

When I used all that data in Greece I went with what I already understood from the sales team when I was sold the Oomph package. They told me the SIM is truly unlimited in the UK and EU. I therefore had no doubts, so didn't go blindly in, as you put it. (I'm trying not to take personal offence here.) Indeed I recommended the SIM to a number of folk I met over there. Doubts were sown after the adamant and cautionary responses to my celebratory post of a couple of days ago. It's a shame really. I have spent hours waiting for or talking to confused VM staff when I could have just carried on enjoying my good fortune. I felt I had to investigate further just in case I had misinformed fellow holiday makers. Luckily I hadn't.

I am sorry you still doubt Oomph department experts and managers. I can't help you out of your fixation on what you can see in black and white any further. I did ask for a definitive paragraph, but that is in the training manuals, something VM staff can't share. Hopefully, shortcomings in VM publicly available pages will be amended soon. Are we being too optimistic expecting VM to have updated relevant pages to a service that only came out in May? If I ran VM I would have had the information pages ready to go on Day One. Meanwhile, I am just happy that those who really should know, the Oomph Team, have confirmed what I thought I knew all along.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The Roam Like Home FUP does apply to all Oomph SIMs - from the link above:

Unfortunately he is incorrect there. I'll also pick this up with my colleagues tomorrow and find out why he's given incorrect information.

Again unfortunately that's wrong. The FUP calculation is here - it's never been a straight 80% of your UK allowance:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...roam-like-home

I appreciate this is difficult for the Oomph SIMs currently as there is nothing to direct what to put into the calculator - but as I said above I did expect this to have bee updated online now. All agents should have a list of the Roam Like Home FUP data figures for the SIMs - I do not know why Simon didn't have this.
All I can say to your carefully researched response is that the OP was already 100% sure of his facts, because he has been telling new Oomph customers this ever since the product came out in May. At my request he spoke to his managers relating my doubts to them. Their answer is 100% certainty, even to the extent that they are now going to do the rounds of other departments to make sure they are up-to-date.

Meanwhile, I am sitting here looking at a long list of SIM usage accumulated since 1st August up to the end of my billing cycle on 12th August. and each item with £0.00 next to them. It all fits the facts I have been given by the people who should know, the very people who sold me the package in the first place. The advice I am giving myself and others is to wait until all the literature has been updated and to curse VM for its tardiness.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote