Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 17:39   #241
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
The text you receive when you connect to another network when roaming as soon as you switch your phone on specifically states about the FUP. Did you not receive that text? I'm guessing you also didn't read your terms and conditions of the contract you signed which also states you have to abide by the roam like home policy.

I'm not here to cause grief or trouble or be argumentative. I do believe that the FUP calculator could be more clear for those on packages like the ultimate oomph. But this just smacks of well it's not my fault as I didn't read anything and just assumed I can do what I want. I hope you don't get charged, I'm just annoyed that after doing all the research, pointing you in the right direction that it all fell on deaf ears simply because you didn't believe what I was saying, even when providing links. Just to add, there is no special sim for the ultimate oomph bundle, it's just the unlimited sim they sell for £32.

I wish you the best as you might be in for a long ride.
'New' and definitive information re Oomph Unlimited SIM card:

But first-

I actually did read the legal stuff for Oomph (previously boosted) whilst in Greece and at home. It doesn't tell you in the section on Virgin Mobile or anywhere else what price to put in the calculator and doesn't link you to the calculator anyway.

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...conditions.pdf

There is a reason for this.

I just rang the Oomph Team (Sheffield based) and spoke to an op named Simon. The Oomph Team are fully trained up on all aspects of Virgin Media's service and are able to answer 99.9% of your problems and troubleshoot similarly. This is the definitive answer.

The Oomph unlimited SIM is truly unlimited at home and in the EU. There will be no charges for my usage and no charges if I went and did exactly the same tomorrow. I asked Simon to check this with his peers and his manager. He did so and also checked with the manager for the whole unit. This is now a 100% definitive answer. The Oomph SIM is a truly unlimited at home and in the EU. It is unique in that respect. He is now going to approach all the other departments I spoke and texted with, to tell them this. Their information is not up-to-date. Simon apologised for all the confusion.

I did explain that some members of forums had told me in no uncertain terms and 'written in black and white' that I had to pay formy data usage according to the fair use policy. He tells me that they are wrong. FUP doesn't apply to this SIM card.

I also asked him about the status of regular SIMs with a limit on. For them he explained that in the EU they can use 80% of the allowance they get at home, so a 10GB allowance would give you 8GB to use in the EU.

Just a thought. Perhaps folk with standalone £32 unlimited SIMs should call Virgin Mobile and ask about FUP for their own EU roaming. They might get a pleasant surprise. What is 80% of unlimited?

For example: A 50GB limited SIM costs £25. 80% of 50GB is 40GB available to use roaming in the EU. It would seem unfair to me that someone who pays £32 for an unlimited SIM can only use 13.75GB per month.

Anyway. Thanks for all your input.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote