Old 20-08-2019, 13:28   #238
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
If you remember, this whole saga began with me reporting not being charged for using well over 100Gb of data over 2 weeks in Greece. On top of that I have had as many versions of what was supposed to happen from as many departments contacted. Your version has been partly confirmed by just one department. What is a regular punter supposed to think? One thing has been confirmed, is that I will not be charged retrospectively, namely because of poorly displayed information in VM documents and web pages and I received no data or credit warnings. The documentation, automatic metering and billing systems need updating if what you say is right, which it probably is.

Just put yourself in the position of a non-IT savvy punter, like my mum, who just buys into what sounds like a great service. She would not have made the connection between what someone pays for an unlimited SIM directly, (something she wouldn't know anyway) and what she pays as part of a global VM package. To make that connection the upfront documentation would need to spell it out, i.e £25 of your £99 is for your unlimited SIM and you should first of all enter that into the FUP calculator before you think of roaming in the EU. Nowhere does the documentation say that. It isn't even in the small print of my contract or my billing information. (Please note that the £25 suggested by one department, doesn't even match the £32 you say is in black and white.) Someone like my mum would just accept the fact that she hasn't been charged for using many, many GB watching her favourite Netflix movies back at her holiday apartment every evening or siesta time. Even if she knew about FUP she would have put £0.00 in the calculator because that is what her Virgin Mobile bill would say her SIM costs each month.

VM cannot be excused for this, by anyone saying it is obvious and written in black and white for all to see. It's a bit like the Vogans saying, "‘There’s no point acting all surprised about the intergalactic highway and the demolition of Earth. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now.’ How would ordinary Earthlings like my mum know about that unless they had a letter through their door?
To be fair, I'd say the whole saga began when you assumed you could use unlimited data while roaming. I'm not here to be argumentative but apart from the FUP calculator not explaining how to calculate if you're part of a bundle, it is black and white that FUP applies while roaming, in my eyes that cant be argued and the fact some VM staff don't know this speaks volumes of the training that happens in VM, but that doesn't surprise me.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote