Old 19-08-2019, 20:10   #236
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Thanks mate. VM incompetence astounds me.

I had a further call with the 'Concerns' department. The OP was excellent and really tried her best to get an answer. She couldn't find an answer in any documentation. She spoke to her immediate line manager who repeated the view that Roam as at Home meant just that and so no charges have been made or would be made. I asked for documentation that confirmed that, but just as I made that request, the manager of the whole department walked past the OP and was of the same view as Mythica, that a nominal price for the cost of my SIM should be applied, i.e. £25.00. On the calculator that would give me a roaming allowance of 10.74GB.

Naturally, I asked why I hadn't been charged by the system and why I hadn't received a data or credit warning. The manager reported that she didn't know why, but that I wouldn't be charged now or retrospectively. I then asked where in my contract or billing details it stated that £25 was the nominal cost of my SIM. She had to admit that this was not stated in either location. Finally, I asked what would happen if I went on holiday in the EU next week and caned my SIM again. Would I be charged? She wasn't sure, but thought I should be.

I wanted all this in writing, so asked her to email me with a full explanation of what my EU roaming allowance really is and why the system doesn't want to charge me for going way over the limit unsuspectingly. Needless-to-say I don't have great hopes that I will be any the wiser.

My next planned EU visit is in May, so we shall see, or perhaps we won't. If we leave the EU with No Deal it probably all ends anyway.
In my eyes, the only piece of information that is missing (yes it's important) is what you'd put into the calculator. But even then a bit of common sense goes a long way. I've just come back from Greece and knew the unlimited sim we have as part of the ultimate oomph bundle isn't unlimited when roaming.

Everything else is there in plain black and white. It clearly states FUP applies. As I pointed out before, the sim you have is an unlimited sim which if bought separately costs £32. Put that into the calculator and click you have unlimited data and it gives you your allowance for roaming.

If we take away all the arguing over the last few pages, your downfall was not reading the terms and conditions of your contract correctly and believing you could just use all of your allowance while roaming which clearly isn't the case.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote