View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 16:58   #1
TG4SKU
cf.member

TG4SKU is an unknown quantity at this point
Help getting Virgin Media service

Hi folks,

I had been a VM customer from 2003 (NTL before VM took over) until November 2019 when I moved to my current address in Sandy in Bedfordshire.

Before moving I checked to see if VM provided their service to my new post code which is DG19 1BJ.

Fortunately, they do, but, apparently, not to my actual address, so I had to terminate my account and look for another provider.

Let me explain. I live in a sheltered housing scheme in Bunyan Road in Sandy.

Bunyan road is a Cul-de-sac comprising four semi detached houses and Handley Court, (the sheltered housing scheme).

According to VM's website, numbers 1,2,3 & 4 Bunyan Road can be connected to VM's full range of services. However, Handley Court can not?

I have asked VM's sales team of this odd situation, but all they tell me is what they have on their screens, that VM services are not available in my area, even though the 4 houses in my street can get them.

The street cabinet is 53 metres from the front of my property. The nearest house that CAN receive VM's services is right next door, so the underground conduits are within 10 metres of Handley Court.

There are 40 dwellings in Handley Court, all of them potential VM customers.

I spoke to a VM technician who was working on the street cabinet at the end of my street, and he could not think of a valid reason why VM would not provide me with their services.

I checked with my landlord, and they have no objection to VM supplying their services to me, not have they ever refused VM or their predecessors NTL permission to install the necessary cabling into any of their premises.

My living room is on the ground floor, at the front of the building, and is easily accessable from the underground conduit.

I have tried writing directly to VM in order to get an explanation for this situation but all I have been told is that I should register my interest with VM on their website, and wait for something to happen?

I have been in this situation for over a year now, and have heard NOTHING!

Having been a loyal customer of VM for 16 continuous years, I think that it is unacceptable for them to treat me in this way, and not offer an explanation as to why they can't/won't provide me with their services?

Is there anyone on this forum who can help me, or shed some light on why I find myself in this predicament?

I am currently having to use wireless internet via my mobile phone provider which is slow and intermittent at best. I require a faster and more reliable Internet service which is why I would like VM's service.

Thanks in advance.
TG4SKU is offline   Reply With Quote