Thread: 350M Price Rise in March
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 02:04   #11
tidder23
cf.member

tidder23 is on a distinguished roadtidder23 is on a distinguished road
Re: Price Rise in March

he provider has confirmed that ALL customers affected by the price increase can leave their contract without paying any early termination charge. Customers will need to contact Virgin Media within 30 days of receiving notification of the price increase to do so

that's the norm for Virgin Media I don't know whether that's a legal requirement they have to do but it's been the norm for the last 10 years for me

got a better deal than I was on when I phoned up

internet research
"Rules set by the regulator Ofcom mean that customers can leave mobile, landline or broadband contracts penalty-free if a provider ups prices mid-term if it's bigger than the RPI rate.

You can cancel your contract and switch to any other provider, as long as you do so within 30 days of being told about the price increase.

But, if your broadband provider has warned you about rises in their terms and conditions and they are in line with RPI, you won’t be able to leave if you’re still locked into a contract. If you do want to leave, you'll have to pay an exit fee.

If you’re outside the minimum term of your contract then you’ll be allowed to leave without paying. You should check with your provider about how much notice you need to give to do this.

"

Last edited by tidder23; 04-02-2022 at 02:11.
tidder23 is offline   Reply With Quote