View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 21:07   #4845
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Spiderman Homecoming: 8.5/10

I have had to wait till now to write this so I could calm down and be more objective. I was in a very bad mood earlier and couldn't make my mind up how I wanted to rate the film. I booked my ticket for the midnight premiere last night and Odeon cancelled it and said it was a "scheduling error" even though this is the first Marvel film they haven't done a midnight premiere for. I then rebooked it for the first showing this morning and I turn up at the cinema and "there has been a technical fault and we are unable to show it". So I hung around for an hour and waited for the next showing.

Anyways, it is very very good. The one thing I was worried about with this is that I thought the bad guy would be OTT cheesy like the ones out of the other Spiderman movies and act like he had come out of Power Rangers or something but he isn't. He is well grounded with established and realistic weaponry which follows the story line. As with all Marvel films it isn't just action, it has depth of story and character and this is all about Peter Parker growing into his role and he reacts and adapts to life at school and his new superhero persona but at the same time, like with the other Marvel movies, it syncs up and fits in perfectly with what we know is happening in the MCU.

This film is more along the lines of Ant-Man and there are may lmao moments. I can't fault it at all and once again ticks all the boxes. I really want to give it a 9/10 but I can't because as good as it is, there wasn't a wow moment for me.

There are two post credit scenes. One after the main credits and one right at the end of the credits when everything has finished and you get the Dolby logo etc coming up. It is well worth waiting for.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote