View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 17:14   #44
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m not sure it is like that.

This forum seems to obsess over when contracts start/end as if these are the only points where agreements can be made. While it’s the most natural point, certain things have appeared outside the cycle. Virgin are Sky’s biggest customer after all, it’d be ludicrous to only negotiate deals at set points in a cycle if there’s a deal to be made.

Sky News HD and Sports News HD launched in January 2015.
Sky Sports 3&4 and F1 in HD in May 2014
Sky Arts 1 and 2 HD in April 2011
Sky 1 HD in October 2010
Sky Sports 1&2 HD (Movies HD?) in July 2010
Basics dispute resolved in November 2008
You are so argumentative!

The current distribution agreement runs until this coming May. People have been referring to it as the 'ten year agreement' because we got the Sky Basics channels back late 2008, and successive agreements have been built on that. You could have discovered that for yourself with a quick internet search, which took me all of five minutes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...agreement.html

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Any links to substantiate this OB?.
I couldn't remember where I picked that up, but this link confirms it.

https://www.tvchannellists.com)

You will find it by scrolling down to 'United Kingdom', tapping on 'Virgin Media', go right down to the bottom of the page to 'Forthcoming changes to digital platforms', and it's under February. Sorry, couldn't link the actual page on here.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 04-01-2019 at 17:46.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote