View Single Post
Old 26-08-2020, 20:10   #3291
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
SNP humiliation as Sturgeon ABANDONS major independence project - report obliterates hopes

THE SNP has ditched plans to publish an "annual economic case for independence", with pro-union campaigners claiming the UK is "more valuable than ever" to Scotland.

The Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (GERS) publication highlights how much the country raises in taxes compared to how much it spends on public services.

The report showed report showed Scotland’s national deficit was 8.6 percent of GDP in 2019/20, as public spending north of the border outstripped tax revenues by £15.1billion.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...economy-latest
Why did it take so long for her to recognise this? I'm glad she took the points I made on the lack of an economic argument to heart!

Jfman still has to get there yet, and I'm not hopeful.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I can’t think of any other country on earth where viewing self-determination as a positive thing would be considered “strange”. It might not be for everyone for historic, ideological or cultural reasons but it’s actually quite normal.
It is strange if it is a ruinous ambition.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote