View Single Post
Old 30-11-2003, 18:44   #30
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I did look @ Bulldog Dell, but I didn't/don't like the idea of being locked into a 12 month contrac.
I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do in January when my contract is up, I'm so desperate to get away from Ntl now, just really fed up with the whole thing, but (and you knew there would be one!) after speaking to BT, they want 74.99 GBP to install a new line.

Which is a bit of a bummer seeing as the line is here and we're connected to the exchange (the whole estate was done by BT and NTL when built 3 years ago) but they want 75 quid to switch it on.

On top of that any of the decent ISPs want about 50GBP activation and that's before I even consider buying a modem. I know if i want to pay a little more each month (and go for a not so good ISP) I can get the modem included but I really wanted an internal one (not really that much of a problem there not that expensive 30GBP ish).

Its all beginning to mount up, but saying that the bulldog off-peak 2Mbps tariff is really enticing (29.99GBP atm).

The 12 month contract isn;t too much of a worry for me, but the install fee is

I guess I've got a little while to make my mind up, but I wonder if I can sweet talk BT into dropping the (non)installation charge?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote