Old 19-08-2016, 20:14   #3351
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
It's been confirmed that I have gallstones the good news is that I will be getting my gallbladder removed all going well it will be done by keyhole surgery. I have my pre-op assessment at the end of the month so hopefully it will not be long after that. The pain gallstones cause is horrendous, I have never experienced like it!

The doctor has given me strong pain killers in the mean time.
I've heard it described as worse than childbirth! I wouldn't know but can confirm it's the sort of pain that's beyond words.

The final attack I had resulted in a ride in an ambulance and a nice dose of morphine at A&E and even then I was still uncomfortable! I'd had my pre-op but events overtook me and I ended up having mine out at very short notice (a few hours after the morphine). They didn't bother putting me on the fat free diet for a few weeks before - probably due to family history of gallbladder issues.

I didn't realise how ill I was feeling in the months before the operation until I came round from the surgery - despite being in pain I felt better than I'd done for ages and haven't looked back since. Knowing you can eat anything and not be doubled up in pain later is great.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote